Sunday 2 March 2014

Order in chaos

I was having a conversation with a friend recently and events from a dark time in my life came up, and I was given an opportunity to go down memory lane and review so many things that went through my mindat that time. One thing that stood out for me was the goodness of God. Sounds basic because we say it all the time but I believe I have been given a different view from a very awkward angle.
 When I you are faced with an affliction that baffles reason and being calvanist you know for sure that God is sovereign, you mind keeps trying to make sense of the events and hopefully see the lesson in the misfortune and you come up empty. The one answer that kept me sane in this situation was "God is good". when I go on my nagging/wailing session (which I would like to call praying), and I have nagged to my heart's content the holy spirit would so gracefully and lovingly bring me back to this truth "God is good" and my whole world would somehow be okay again.
Friends, God is good regardless of what madness is going on around us. He is a shelter and a hiding place in the midst of chaos.

"My soul magnifies the Lord
And my spirit rejoices in God my saviour"
Luke 1:46-47

"Praise the Lord!
Oh give thanks to the Lord for he is good,
For his steadfast love endures forever!
Psalm 106:1
AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment