Monday 16 December 2013

Worrying about nothing

Therefore do not worry about tomorrow for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each has enough trouble of its own. Matt 6:34

This straight forward reminder from christ should be pasted everywhere in ours home cos worry is slowly becoming part of our generation.this is no surprise as we are constantly bombarded with  information 24/7. Just sign into your facebook account or switch on the TV and you will know what i am talking about. "So and so just got married(ladies you know what an talking about) or just got into university or just got a new job (and you havent) or the economy is in recession, there is a new viral disease, or fuel scarcity, it goes on and on. A Constant inflow of bad news, its no wonder that many people are depressed. But our saviour is telling us to act differently, how? DONT WORRY! Its that simple. 

What astonds me most about this verse is that the God of the universe knows that we have alot of issues to face on a daily basis, he knows that we are busy bees always on the move. I have two phones that I sometimes use at the same time, it does not makes sense to me either but here I am, guilty as charged.
Basically God is saying relax, you cant solve any of your problems by worrying, you are already overwhelmed by today's issues, why not trust an all-powerful and all-knowing God for tomorow? 
I believe its our pride that holds us back from trusting God for the future cos we want to fix everything by our selves. 
I have decided to save myself all the headache and heartache let him handle my tomorrow, i will take it oneday at a time. And when the temptation comes to worry(cos it will) i pray that this verse will bring me
back to this spot of total surrender. Amen


N/B
If you have not read my previous blog calles the love dare, please do and join us in making this christmas one the we will not forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment